Walgreens Internship offers internship to students with background in logistics and management who wish to hone their skill
About Walgreens Internship
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global retail pharmacy leader, touching millions of lives every day by dispensing medicines and providing accessible, high-quality care. With over 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy.
The company is meeting the needs of its customers and patients through convenient retail locations, digital platforms, and health and beauty products.
WBA has a presence in over 25 countries, employs over 450,000 people, and operates over 21,000 stores, including equity method investments.
Check more information about basic and preferred information below
- With 1 to 2 semesters remaining in a Bachelor’s degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or business management/administration.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management.
- Willing to carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Experience developing methods for achieving goals with little or no supervision, relying on oneself to complete objectives, and determining when issue escalation is required in a professional or classroom setting.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, in the business community, with vendors, and/or in a classroom setting.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word proficiency (for example, inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers, and tables, as well as adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate Excel skills (for example, using the SUM function, setting borders, column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers, and/or print scaling).
- Applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style, and/or formatting font are all examples of intermediate-level PowerPoint skills.
- Willing to relocate for opportunities in the United States.
- Willing to travel for business up to 10% of the time
- A Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or business management/administration AND/OR a Master’s degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or business management/administration
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Project management experience is required.
The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, a diverse workplace, and a viable marketplace.WBA is a signatory to the UN Global Compact and follows its principles-based approach to responsible business.