Walgreen Pharmacy Internship gives intern’s hands-on experience to sharpen their skills and equal opportunity, including people with disabilities and veterans.
Background of Walgreen Pharmacy
Walgreens, which was founded in 1901, has a long and colorful history of constant progress and invention.
From creating the world’s first chocolate malted milkshake to developing one of the most popular and sophisticated mobile applications in retail shopping today, they have evolved into a retail and drug industry leader.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s major drugstore chains, is a subsidiary of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy.
Benefits of Walgreen Pharmacy Internship
Below are the perks of this internship
- Learn how to give the greatest possible patient experience by aiding pharmacists and pharmacy team members in line with state and federal rules.
- Responsible for obtaining patient and drug information and processing prescriptions utilizing pharmacy systems.
- Creates and provides a unique and engaging customer experience.
- Learns and promotes pharmacy policy, procedures, and customer service best practices required for future pharmacist performance.
Learn more about roles of interns below
- Learn from members of the store and pharmacy teams, as well as field leadership, team members, and customers/patients.
- Assist in the practice of pharmacy under the supervision of the pharmacist, in line with state, federal, and company policy. Examines and abides by the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned and overseen by the pharmacist for entering, third-party processing, filling, and dispensing prescriptions in line with Walgreens standard operating procedures.
- Assists with external and interior upkeep by ensuring that the Pharmacy Department is adequately supplied, clean, neat, and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Maintains respectful interactions with coworkers while adhering to all corporate regulations and procedures.
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in providing patient care and services that are within the state scope of practice for pharmacy interns, such as patient counseling and other health services (i.e. blood pressure, medication therapy management).
- Complete the necessary training
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in healthcare and pharmacy, including the most recent news and advancements.
Below are the necessary requirements needed
- Must be enrolled in a pharmacy school program.
- Reading, writing, and speaking English must be fluent. (With the exception of Puerto Rico.)
- Working a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours, is required.
- Six months of retail experience is preferred.
- Prefer previous Walgreens work experience.
- Prefer solid math abilities so you can accurately fill medications, including counting, measuring, and weighing me.
The company will accept competent applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.