You can complete more than one VSFS internship during your undergraduate experience, this can be done at any time during your program.
Background of VSFS
The VSFS is a federal government program that offers totally virtual unpaid internship opportunities. “It really spans the gamut, the types of initiatives and the types of opportunities accessible.
The VSFS program has over 2,000 students working on over 800 projects, and some offices have specialized VSFS intern teams.
About VSFS Internship
The VSFS is open to students of all majors, while prior job or leadership experience is not required.
It is advantageous. Kuhn points out that because the program is entirely virtual, you can participate even if you are studying overseas.
You must meet the following requirements:
- USA citizen
- Undergraduate or graduate student, full-time or part-time
- Continue to be a student for the duration of the internship
Benefits of VSFS Internship
The following are some of the advantages of a VSFS internship:
- All opportunities are virtual projects designed to build your résumé.
- Even for career changers and veterans commitments are approximately 10 hours per week flexible hours employers include dozens of federal offices representing all fields of the United States Government possibly fulfilling a required internship.
How to Apply
Follow these steps to apply for VSFS internships
- View opportunities by visiting the VSFS website
- Identify initiatives that interest you and narrow your options –
- You can apply for up to three opportunities.
Students who chose their project as one of their top three will have their applications reviewed by project supervisors. all supervisors are encouraged to interview top candidates.