Volvo company is in search of internship students that will be self-motivated, curious and committed
The Volvo Group promotes prosperity by providing transportation solutions such as trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase the uptime and productivity of our customers.
The Volvo Group, founded in 1927, is dedicated to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transportation and infrastructure solutions.
Numerous career opportunities are available across the group’s leading brands and entities, all of which share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Skills and Competencies
Learn more about core skills required
- A person in this position must be enrolled in graduate school. We are looking for a student who has a “maker” personality and an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as experience with user-centric design and the Design Thinking process. Spirit of entrepreneurship and ambition
- A user-centric approach to product design and strategy
- Market research, use cases, and value addition are all part of the business analysis.
- Design Thinking Understanding
- Desire to learn and work as part of a multi-functional team
- Strong initiative and follow-through skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work effectively and proactively in a highly creative and occasionally ambiguous environment Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Motivation to tackle real-world issues
Learn more about core roles for interns
- Use Design Thinking methodology is used to generate insight, define opportunity areas, brainstorm solutions, and develop a use-case with a strong business foundation.
- Create a product-as-a-service that solves real-world problems for real-world Volvo customers by utilizing user-centric product research and design.
- Consider the potential use-case and value creation of ideas, conduct market research and competitive analysis, assess capability, and evaluate industry trends.
- Document your learning journey and keep track of your progress.
- Create a final report outlining your process and solution, which you will present to Volvo executives at the end of your term.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Check more information about Qualifications below
- The applicant must be enrolled in and pursuing a Master’s degree at an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
- Summer interns are permitted to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Written and spoken English fluency
Volvo is dedicated to shaping the landscape of future sustainable transportation and infrastructure solutions and internship students enrolled will gain cognate experience