Students can gain practical experience working at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs through internships.
About Veteran Affairs Internship
The VA Department offers more than 300 internship positions in 199 different cities across the US. The VA’s central office, health administration, administration, and national cemetery administration all have openings.
After completing their internships and graduating, many students will have the chance to land a full-time internship. Interns will have a special chance to help the country’s veterans in a variety of ways and within their field of expertise.
Requirements for Veteran Affairs Internship
Learn more about criteria for Veteran Affairs Internship below
- A students who isn’t presently working for the federal government.
- Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university’s undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- A program leading to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is considered undergraduate.
- Recent graduates from an approved Minority Serving Institute (MSI) institution or university’s undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
- The student must have graduated within twelve (12) months of the start date of the internship period in order to be considered a recent graduate.
- Each applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be able to pass a background check.
- The candidate must be able to work in the United States (a lawful permanent resident or otherwise legally eligible to work in the US per for FAR part 22.18)
Veteran Affairs Internship Benefits
Learn more about Veteran Affairs Internship perks below
- Paid position available
- Observed federal holidays
- Acquire vital professional experience
- Future work opportunities with the government
- A chance to network professionally
- Amass testimonials to your skills.
- Boost your self-confidence
Compensation for Interns
- Awardees of internships will get a weekly stipend of $500.00.
- For non-local students, round-trip airfare to/from the internship location is provided.
- For students who are not from the area, assistance in finding and securing housing during the internship.
- Housing is offered
Interns may be hired on a temporary basis for up to one year or on an ongoing basis. They may work full- or part-time hours.