The U.S. Department of State is happy to announce a new paid student internship program that will launch in the fall of 2022.
About US Department of State Internship
The program’s goal is to increase the opportunities available to students in post-secondary degree programs from all backgrounds to gain knowledge of and experience between careers in U.S. foreign policy initiatives.
Also, as well as in the management of the U.S. Department of State and its diplomatic missions around the world.
The Department wants to break down barriers for students who might not have the resources to support themselves during an unpaid, volunteer internship by offering compensated internships.
The Department of State’s ongoing initiatives to reflect the diversity of the United States and to encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to seek educational and employment opportunities include the paid student internship program.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time you apply;
- Age of at least eighteen;
- Be seeking a baccalaureate or graduate degree while enrolled at least part-time at a recognized educational institution;
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing academically;
- Being a graduate, junior, or senior in college with at least 60 credits completed;
- Meet and maintain the requirements for suitability and background clearance.
- Paid interns will be temporary employees of the U.S. Department of State and will be paid as a GS-04 at $17.50 per hour.
- Unless and until the intern is subsequently appointed into a government career job, the internship service is not creditable for retirement benefits.
- The program helps with lodging and pays for reasonable travel costs to and from the internship.
How to Apply
As long as the position announcement is open, applicants who have already begun an application can view and amend it at any time.
To be considered for the U.S. Department of State Student Internship Program, applicants must complete all sections of the application, provide the most recent transcript, and submit their application.
Kindly share this article and leave a comment below.