Interns will be assisted in developing their skills, putting their strengths to the test, and realizing their full potential in Sporting Kansas City’s collaborative environment.
About Kansas City Internship
Through internships with Sporting Kansas City, undergraduate or graduate-level students can work for the company on a temporary basis.
The emphasis is on training and gaining real-world experience in sports operations by working on a number of various duties that are allocated to interns by their Team Lead.
Essential Roles for Interns
Learn more about interns responsibilities
- Assist stadium management with planning for game day, for example, by helping to organize sponsorship activation on Mazuma Plaza.
- Ensuring that the stadium is properly marked with signage, that premium areas are prepared and changed over at the proper times, etc.
- Attend departmental meetings to get knowledge of the event planning procedures.
- Help with the National Anthem, the Color Guard, the Military Family, halftime promotions, organizing giveaways, the ball kids, and other activities on game days.
- Take charge of any unique initiatives that the event operations manager designates. (For example, inventorying the staff equipment used on game days, taking charge of the sponsor activation materials kept at the stadium.
- Rotation of administrative duties, such as event diagram construction, SKC II game profiles, and spreadsheet updates
- Support the accreditation procedure.
- Maintain a professional image at all times when representing Sporting Kansas City and its affiliated companies.
- Carry out further related duties as directed.
Check more about qualities of interns needed
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational abilities.
- The capacity to plan work effectively, prioritize goals conceptually, and use independent
- Judgment based on knowledge of organizational policies and activities
- Passionate about stadium and event management, professional sports, especially soccer.\
- Positive outlook.
- The capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
Competencies and Experience
Check more about proficiencies and experience for Kansas City Internship
- It is necessary to pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- completion of the first year of study at a four-year university with accreditation, or enrollment in a graduate program with accreditation, and the capacity to demonstrate receipt of credit for the internship toward the attainment of a degree.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- Sports competition experience and interest are preferred.
- Proficient with all of the Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The Stadium and Event Operations Intern will receive practical experience in a range of tasks in a hectic, behind-the-scenes setting and have the opportunity to directly influence professional soccer in Kansas City.