Structural Engineer Internship is for interns who are eager to learn and utilize their skills in a variety of engineering projects.
DrJ Engineering LLC was founded in 2011 with the primary goal of assisting the construction industry by analyzing new and innovative building materials, products, and processes for application in the structural and building envelope sectors.
The DrJ team collaborates with innovative firms to bring new and current products, processes, and services to market professionally, reliably, and cost-effectively. they excel in providing code compliance for alternative materials through technical study reports.
About Structural Engineer Internship
DrJ is looking for a student or recent graduate with training in structural engineering, This is a full-time internship opportunity in a high-paced atmosphere.
To find cost-effective and technically sound solutions for clients, the position demands a thorough understanding of engineering principles.
Applicants must be self-motivated and willing to take on a variety of duties while effectively interacting with our engineering team.
learn more about essential duties below
- With the supervision of an engineer/mentor, assist on a variety of engineering projects. Perform design calculations for Unistrut-framed medical equipment supports.
- Engineer repair details for wood trusses joined by metal plates
- Using CAD software, create structural details and plans.
- Assist technicians in the lab with structural component testing, data entry, and data processing.
- Prepare research papers on themes related to the wood building business.
- Conduct site inspections in collaboration with a structural engineer.
- Assist in the creation of calculators and design tools to improve process efficiency.
learn more about essential prerequisites below
- EIT certification or wants to earn EIT certification Bachelor’s Degree or working towards Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structures
- Building design courses in steel, concrete, and wood, as well as structural analysis
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- TEDDS, VBA, Mathcad, and other programming languages are being used to create automated systems for repetitive operations.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis software (e.g., SAP2000, RISA) is preferred.
- Excellent communication abilities
Technical and analytical skills are required, as well as knowledge of construction codes, standards, and guidelines, as well as specialized technical problem solving and resourcefulness.