Sotheby’s Internship: Application and Requirements
Interns will be assigned to departments depending on their academic interests and professional objectives, and they will work under the supervision of a designated staff member.
Background of Sotheby’s
Since 1744, Sotheby’s, the world’s oldest and greatest internationally recognized firm of fine art auctioneers, has connected collectors with world-class pieces of art.
About Sotheby’s Internship
The goal of the Sotheby’s Summer Internship Program is to equip students interested in pursuing a career in the fine art and auction sector with practical training experience. Internships are available in a variety of business fields.
Sotheby’s interns will have the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a world-renowned auction house, view amazing rarities and works of art, and explore future industry jobs during the summer program
Benefits of Sotheby’s Internship
Learn more about the advantages Sotheby’s Internship below
- Immersive orientation and training program; weekly Speaker Series to learn about our culture from our leaders.
- On-the-job training that is ongoing; work alongside seasoned professionals on significant projects throughout the curriculum.
- Team-building workshops, networking events, museum visits, and other scheduled events allow you to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors, and senior management.
- Summer interns will be allocated a group project to work on and will have the opportunity to present to executives.
Qualifications and Experience
Check more information about prerequisites of Sotheby’s Internship below
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree and expecting to graduate
- A strong academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Adaptable, positive attitude, multi-tasker, team player, strong work ethic, leadership abilities, and a curiosity and passion for learning and the arts
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication abilities
- Must be able to finish the entire 10-week onsite program.
How to Apply
Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Additionally, Interns will acquire business experience through hands-on learning, executive exposure, team projects, and much more.