The Rhodes Scholarship covers all costs for two years of post-graduate study at Oxford University in any field. Apply now!
About Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and most prestigious foreign fellowship grants in the world, having been first made available to Americans in 1904.
Through a decentralized selection procedure, 32 young Americans from each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia are named Rhodes Scholars each year.
In addition to their exceptional scholarly accomplishments, Rhodes Scholars are chosen for their character, commitment to others and the common good, and potential for leadership in whatever fields their careers may take them.
The value of a Rhodes Scholarship is comprised of a maintenance stipend of at least £13,390 per year and a direct payment of all tuition to the Scholar’s college.
- An applicant must be a citizen of the United States or must have been admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident for at least five years prior to application.
- An applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 24 years of age, by October 1 of the application year.
- An applicant must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by October 1 of the year following the application
- Literary and scholastic attainments;
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full;
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship;
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
How to Apply
- Meet with ONSA to Discuss the Application Process
- Identify Prospective Graduate Programs
- Identify Potential Recommenders
- Apply to the ONSA Applicant Development Program
- Prepare Application Materials
- Take part in Nomination Interviews
Recipients of this Scholarship are free to study the full range of disciplines offered at Oxford. Do well to apply now and kindly share the information.