The goal of PepsiCo’s Operations internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge in a real-world, business-driven environment.
Background of PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage company that operates in over 200 countries and territories and has 22 billion-dollar brands in its portfolio. From Gatorade to Quaker, they manufacture hundreds of popular foods and beverages around the world.
PepsiCo vision of becoming the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose is guiding PepsiCo. “Winning with Purpose” reflects their desire to win in the marketplace while also incorporating purpose into all aspects of the business.
PepsiCo hopes to develop the future supply chain leaders needed to accelerate growth. This internship may expose you to leading teams of hourly associates, implementing and managing cutting-edge manufacturing and distribution technology, as well as process flow design and mapping.
Productivity measures, time studies, data collection, and computational analyses within our facilities’ production and operations areas.
Benefits of the Program
Learn more about perks of PepsiCo Internship
- Obtain hands-on experience in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Planning, Transportation Engineering, Customer Integration, Commercialization, and Supply Chain Strategy.
- Based on performance, the ability to progress quickly through increasing levels of responsibility, including managerial positions.
- Access to a variety of operating models in the Beverage, Foods, and Corporate environments, which means you could support power brands like Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker, and Frito-Lay while still working for the same company!production and operations areas of our facilities You will also have the opportunity to solve operational issues and motivate team members to meet performance goals. At the conclusion of the summer
- Learn about various supply chain functions and disciplines.
- Receive opportunities to network with associate peers and interact with senior management.
- As needed, report findings to other team members and management.
- Work on large projects while managing time and effort without constant supervision.
- Learn about statistical modeling and reporting tools.
- Learn how to manage production staff in order to meet production and quality targets.
Learn more about the core duties of interns
- Assist in the development and analysis of supply chain metrics and business processes.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of team meetings in order to achieve continuous process improvement.
- Organize and lead work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Be adaptable – in order to understand our 24-hour operations, you may need to work a variety of shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends
- Recent intern projects have included: As part of our summer internship program, we aim to provide an experience designed to provide you with functional knowledge of supply chain as well as the opportunity to achieve results by completing a real-world supply chain-based project
- Working closely with our supply chain professionals to share strategies, data, and gain firsthand experience as a PepsiCo supply chain leader.
- Identifying process efficiencies and solutions for our manufacturing and warehousing businesses to implement. Examples include reducing waste, increasing safety, improving frontline performance, analyzing/optimizing line efficiency and output, and increasing standard compliance.
- Developing interpersonal and communication skills in order to lead a frontline workgroup successfully.
Learn more about the prerequisites of the internship program
- Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management are all degrees that I am currently pursuing (other related majors will be considered)
- Self-starter with high motivation
- Throughout your academic career, you have demonstrated people/project leadership (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment is required (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and make quick tradeoff decisions
- Capability to work in a results-oriented, demanding environment
- Coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building abilities that are effective
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Capability to provide and receive constructive feedback
As an intern you will also have the opportunity to solve operational issues and motivate team members to meet performance goals. At the conclusion of the internship