The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation provides need-based financial aid to the children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen for college or job training.
About Marine Corps Scholarship
Deserving children of serving or retired United States Marines can receive financial aid from the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation in the form of scholarships.
Also, and to deserving sons and daughters of current or former United States Navy Corpsmen who have served with the United States Marine Corps, in their pursuit of higher education.
However, Children whose parent has died or been injured while performing their job, notably in Iraq or Afghanistan, are given special treatment. Children who survive can receive up to $20,000 each for school expenses.
Although each MCSF award has its own specific eligibility conditions, the MCSF manages these grants through a single, common application.
The Foundation scholarship application must be completed each year, and their values normally range from $1,500 to $10,000. Scholarships.
Applicants must be the child of one of the following:
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Family adjusted gross income for the previous tax year that does not exceed $98,000 (check website for a specific amount). Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income.
- Attending or planning to attend a college or career training school listed on the National Center for Education Statistic’s College Navigator website.
How to Apply
The complete application procedure and form are available on the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation website: https://www.mcsf.org/scholarship/
For the purpose of honoring the service and sacrifice of Marines and their families, the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation was created. Apply now!