Lucasfilm internship is both interesting and educational for students to gain exposure in the field of film production
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an American film and television production company that is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company’s Walt Disney Studios.
The studio is best known for developing special effects, sound, and computer animation for films, as well as for creating and producing the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
Lucasfilm and Marvel are well-known brands with a large following. Be a part of the magic by designing a wide range of products such as puzzles, playsets, games, and collectible figures.
The following duties are expected of interns
- Collaborate with the brand merchant to create one-of-a-kind Hard Lines merchandise, from concept to final production.
- Work with diverse teams to design and approve all product, collaborating with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Sourcing, Global Product Design teams, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, D&I teams, and Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios, WDI, Licensees, and more).
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure that our product is executed in accordance with and exceeds our brand standards.
- Design for a diverse audience, spanning multiple demographics, from first-time visitors to generational collectors, and keeping both domestic and global trends and cultures in mind.
- Advise external vendors on how to maintain consistency across multiple brands, projects, and touchpoints – all while ensuring high-quality output is delivered on time.
- Provide feedback to external vendors when they present design concepts and timelines to the in-house creative team,
Lucasfilm Internship Benefits
Learn more about the perks of Lucasfilm Internship
- Create potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts quickly; use sketches, mockups, and POV boards while constantly looking for new trends, monitoring competitors, product innovation, market dynamics, and pushing the development of our product.
- Participate actively in feedback loops ranging from design partners to partner reviews
- Prepare mechanical files for factory production, including all specifications required for proper execution.
- Manage and keep archival art files up to date and accurate throughout the development process by taking ownership of presentation development for multiple internal creative reviews
- Communicate with outside vendors to establish and maintain high design standards for our brands and partners in the management of creative projects from inception to completion.
Check Below to find out prerequisite of the internship
- Three years or more of related experience
- Experience creating creative and design assets, supported by a strong portfolio; demonstrated art direction, concept development, and campaign implementation.
- Advanced graphic design tool knowledge Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent layout, composition, and design abilities
- Advanced illustration and character design abilities
- familiarity with all of The Walt Disney Company’s brands
- As a member of a team, strive for excellence while maintaining integrity.
- Enthusiastic, highly creative, proactive, and capable of taking ownership of a specific area
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite 3D Modeling
While ensuring creative development and delivery interns are expected to take into account brand needs.