Jackie Robinson Scholarship- Check Application Details
The Jackie Robinson Scholarship Program aims to meet the financial needs of college students while also offering extensive mentoring services with its 42 Strategies for Success Curriculum.
About Jackie Robinson Scholarship
Through a variety of scholarships, the Jackie Robinson Foundation seeks to uphold the legacy of baseball great Jackie Robinson.
The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship program’s different grants encourage students from underrepresented groups. Each year, this grant is given to students who best represent Jackie Robinson’s leadership and brilliance.
Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars are selected through a competitive, nationwide application process, and they are enrolled in the renowned mentoring curriculum besides a large, four-year grant to attend the college or university of their choosing.
Students may successfully navigate the collegiate environment, consider career alternatives, develop leadership abilities, and embrace a commitment to service thanks to JRF’s four-year program.
JRF also promotes the virtues and character qualities exemplified in the hero’s life of its namesake throughout the four-year curriculum.
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, minority high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four–year institution within the United States;
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- The four essay questions on the online application;
- A headshot-only, high-resolution digital photo in the JPEG format, which you can submit as your high school senior’s graduation photo;
- One letter of recommendation (from a mentor, employer, guidance counselor, or teacher, for example);
- ACT or SAT results: Please enter your highest SAT or ACT results if you have taken the test more than once.
How to Apply
Applicants may also email their application, along with any required attachments, to Community Relations Coordinator Jenna Kniss at JennaK@omahastormchasers.com
The Jackie Robinson Scholarship is a wonderful opportunity that help support students from minority backgrounds. Best of luck to all applicants!