IRC Internship is for undergraduate or graduate students who are enthusiastic about learning about the world and making meaningful contributions.
About IRC Internship
The IRC has served as Kansas City’s forum for international discussion and a gathering place for locals with a keen interest in global issues for more than 65 years.
The IRC fosters a global perspective in our community through expert speakers, panels, discussion groups, and opportunities to see the world from the comfort of home.
They emphasize the importance of bridging differences of view and fostering civil debate about international events, global concerns, and their effects on our community.
Key skills emphasized includes empathy, media literacy, and active listening. We are open to other viewpoints because having a range of opinions at the table helps us better understand the world, our community, and ourselves.
To qualify for the internship candidates must posses the following
- Sophomore or senior undergraduate or graduate student, including a recent graduate, whose field of study is pertinent to the desired internship
- Strong English communication abilities as demonstrated by the application materials and interview
- Project and time management
- demonstrated dependability, effectiveness, and teamwork
- professional and moral conduct
- Cross-cultural competence acquired through prior employment, education, or travel
IRC Internship Benefits
Check below to find out Perks for IRC internship
- Application of classroom information and skills in the real world Exposure to various facets of charity operations and the workplace
- Greater awareness of and involvement in global initiatives in the Kansas City metro region
- improved cooperation, detail-orientation, planning, and commitment to multi-step projects
- Academic credit for your work with the IRC, if it is possible to arrange this with your college or university.
- For those who successfully complete their internship transportation stipend will be made available
You might be able to supplement your studies, use your professional skills, and gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector through an internship with the IRC.