Lockheed Martin offers a wide range of career opportunities designed to accelerate development and increase interns agility
About Internship Accounting Jobs
Lockheed Martin Space in Herndon, Virginia is looking for a Financial Analyst intern for the summer of 2023. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management and reporting of existing programs, as well as helping to grow the business as an opportunity to engage in new business activities/strategies.
To control funds and provide proper financial administration, the successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of compiling and reviewing budgets using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources.
Perform a variety of financial cost analysis functions, such as cost allocation, cost control system setup, data collection, cost control, and report preparation to keep the company’s cost accounting system running smoothly,
Check below to find out the prerequisites of the internship
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline of Business (Preferably Finance and/or Accounting), Economics, and/or Analytics.
- Ability to use problem-solving skills to efficiently isolate problems/errors, evaluate, and implement solutions, as well as exceptional analytical abilities
- Strong PC skills and the ability to quickly learn new financial systems are required. Microsoft Office product knowledge, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work effectively under deadline pressure and be a team player in a team environment. Costs and preparing reports to keep the company’s cost accounting system running smoothly. Ascertain that costs are allocated in accordance with established procedures.
Check below to find out skills required
- A natural curiosity to learn new tools
- Be Innovative, energized, and self-directed in bringing forth and implementing new ideas
- The ability to take a step back and think objectively in stressful situations.
At Lockheed Martin, employee empowerment is prioritized by encouraging innovation, integrity, and exemplifying the pinnacle of corporate responsibility.