The Hagan Scholarship is a national need-based merit award for exceptionally talented and self-driven students.
About Hogan Scholarship
For highly accomplished, self-motivated students, the Hagan Scholarship is a national need-based merit award.
The award offers students up to $6,000 per semester, or $48,000 over eight successive semesters, to enable them graduate from college debt-free.
Presently studying at 324 colleges and universities are Hagan Scholars from 42 different states. Recipients must either graduate from a public high school with a graduating class of less than 100 pupils or from a public high school in a county with fewer than 50,000 inhabitants.
Recipients are required to enroll in a four-year college or university in the first semester after graduating from high school. Benefits of scholarships include Study Abroad, Schwab Accounts, and Free Workshops.
In order to be eligible for a Hagan Scholarship, students must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Attend an eligible public high school*
- Achieved a 3.75 GPA or higher
- Have scored at least a 24 on the ACT (Composite score) or 1150 on the SAT (Total score)
- Enroll in an eligible college or university following senior year of high school
- Work 240 hours in the 12 months prior to the start of each academic year of college
- Complete the FAFSA
- Have an EFC of less than $6,500
- Apply for eligible state and federal grants
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Photograph required
- Driver’s license required
The Hagan Scholarship Fund gives money for lodging and travel expenses.
Winners of scholarships are required to attend a free required workshop at the beginning of each academic year of study. Apply now!