First- and second-year undergraduate students who have a love for computer science can participate in the 12-week STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program), formerly known as Engineering Practicum.
About Google STEP Internship
The internship program is focused on offering technical training and professional development opportunities to students from historically underrepresented groups in technology.
Our special internship gives you the possibility to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and real-world professional experience by working on a software project with other STEP interns and full-time Google employees.
- Be a first or second-year student pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- First-year students: have taken at least one college computer science course (AP and IB count!)
- Second-year students: have taken at least two college computer science courses
- Be enrolled in a university in North America
- Returning to a Bachelor’s degree program with at least two years remaining in their academic program after completion of the Summer 2022 internship.
- Ability to complete a full-time, 12-week internship between May and August or June and September 2022
- You can speak and write in English fluently.
- You have programming experience outside of the university.
- You have the ability and desire to learn other programming languages as needed.
- A technical project.
- Professional skills.
- Technical talks.
- Coaching and mentorship.
How to Apply
Over the course of the fall, winter, and early spring, a group of recruiters will assess applications on a rolling basis. As they examine your application, kindly be patient.
Strong credentials are valued by Google, but the company only hires those who are driven and committed. You’ll be in fantastic shape if you approach this process with an open mind, a desire for progress, and a strong sense of dedication.