The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship is an extremely competitive and merit-based scholarship. Its aim is to continuously offer a source of highly skilled scientists with opportunities.
About Goldwater Scholarship
In 1986, the US Congress created the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program in memory of the former US Senator and 1964 presidential hopeful Barry Goldwater.
By giving scholarships to college students who are US citizens or permanent residents who want to work in these professions, it aims to supply a steady supply of highly qualified scientists, mathematicians, and engineers.
About 300 college sophomores and juniors are given the prize each year. It is the most distinguished undergraduate scholarship in the natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics in the country.
They offer the scholarship based on merit, with a maximum award of $7,500 each academic year determined by financial need.
In order to be considered for this scholarship you must;
1. Be a US citizen
2. A current or prospective student of mathematics, natural science or engineering
3. Has been accepted or are enrolled in an accredited degree program, college or university.
4. Have a college grade point average of at least a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
Requirements for Goldwater Scholarship
1. By no later than October 15, complete your Student Profile and Goldwater pre-application at https://scholarsapply.org/barrygoldwater/.
2. Visit https://www.curf.upenn.edu/profile/genser-dr-wallace to make an appointment with Dr. Genser.
3. Start a CURF Fellowships Nomination Request for the Goldwater Scholarship as soon as you have secured letters of recommendation so that you can ask your recommenders for letters of recommendation.
4. Complete and submit the Goldwater application through the website by November 15, 2022, 4:00 p.m., including your research essay.
5. Prior to Penn’s deadline of November 15 for Goldwater applications, candidates must SUBMIT BOTH the CURF Fellowships Nomination Request form AND the FULL Goldwater application (research essay, short answers, and all other materials) to be considered for nomination.
5. Candidates being considered for endorsement will be interviewed.
November 15, 2022
We believe this information was useful and informative. Kindly leave a comment below and share with friends.