Express as a brand has steadily progressed from being known as a mall store to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community.
Fashion Magazines Internship
Express launched innovative Community Commerce program, inviting brand fans and fashion enthusiasts to take their passion for fashion to the next level. Express brand purpose is to Create Confidence to Inspire Self-Expression.
Essential Tasks Responsibilities
Find out core roles of interns below
- Assists and supports the Men’s Denim Design team in the creation and implementation of ideas and trends that benefit the Express brand.
- Participate in seasonal trend research and development (Runway, Magazines, Style blogs, ect).
- Assists in the search for new and innovative ideas in the retail and designer markets.
- Under the supervision of Senior Designers, assists in all stages of product development.
- Assists the Designer in sketching and developing for the product category to which he or she has been assigned.
- Design development tech packs require flat technical Illustrator sketches.
- Design development tech pack components are precisely created. Throughout the development cycle, information is modified and updated as needed.
- Participate in and attend all fittings until the fit is approved. Make thorough notes and follow up as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design is required.
Learn about the requirements for the internship
- 0-3 years of experience
- Look for the “Express” brand. Outstanding design and sketching abilities. Strong fashion sense and creativity. A keen sense of trend.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capability to anticipate what comes next.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple team members: Attitude of a Team Player
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Punctuality and dependability in attendance.
- WebPDM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Windows (Outlook/Word/Excel) proficiency.
Compensation and Benefits
- Express provides a variety of benefits to help full-time associates protect their health and long-term financial security, including:
- Medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision insurance are all available.
- Parental Leave with Pay for New Moms and Dads
- Part-time employees are also eligible for an Express merchandise discount, to participate in our Learn & Earn incentive program,
Fashion Magazines Internship give interns the opportunity to develop their skills in the fashion industry and advance their career