A fashion internship is a great place to start if you want to try out a career in fashion and Allison brand is a great deal to get started.
ALLISON New York is a women’s contemporary brand based in New York City that was founded in 2011 by Ally Groedel.
The brand focuses on novelty items with a classic and heritage feel, with a focus on feminine silhouettes and wear.
About Fashion Internship
Allison is in search of a motivated and enthusiastic Fashion Design Student to join our Internship Program!
This person will collaborate with Technical Designer and Creative Director from design conception to production. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on and collaborative experience with a small business.
Check below to find out the prerequisites of the internship
- All internships must be for school credit and must be completed by a current student.
- Must be available at least 2-3 days per week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as Google Share is required.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for the apparel industry, and the ability to work effectively as a team player are required.
- A strong passion for the fashion industry and the contemporary market for women is required.
Learn more about the core responsibilities
- Digital illustration and sketching
- Fabric/Trim Purchasing
- Color, Print, Pattern, and Design Trend Research and Analysis Assist our Technical Design Director with specs (measurements, layouts, yarn, and color) and participation in technical fittings
- Creating new design concepts based on the direction of our Design Team
- Helping with print layouts and CAD work
- Prepare all clothing for weekly fittings.
- Assist in the creation of tech packs. Maintain an organized office by categorizing swatches and trims.
The internship provider gives equal opportunity employer who evaluates all job applicants based on their individual abilities and qualifications