3 Essential Workers Scholarships – Check Application Details
The essential worker scholarship program grant opportunity is administered by the Office of Children and Family Services with the privilege of helping the brave working families who have served throughout the epidemic.
Who are Essential Workers?
Doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals, and emergency personnel on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic are crucial employees.
They are the employees who keep our water, energy, sewage, food supply, and other basic utilities operating.
About Essential Workers Scholarship
Governor Cuomo unveiled the $25 million Essential Worker Scholarship Fund on June 23, 2021, which would pay for childcare for kids from six weeks to 12 years old.
On behalf of the parents, payments will be sent directly to child care facilities. Governor Hochul stated on August 31, 2021, that this initiative would receive an additional $61.4 million in funding.
List of Essential Workers Scholarship
Here is a list of scholarships and bills that would benefit vital workers.
1. The Caregility Cares Essential Workers Scholarship
The Caregility Cares Essential Workers Scholarship is being offered by the telehealth solutions company.
Those who are interested must submit an essay of at least 500 words on what motivated them to seek a career in the health sector in order to be considered.
- Must be legal residents of the fifty (50) states in the United States and the District of Columbia
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be high school seniors, undergraduate, and graduate students who are health care workers or dependents of healthcare workers
- Must be pursuing a degree in nursing or medicine or other majors related to health care
2. COVID-19 Essential Employee FIU Scholarship
The COVID-19 Vital Employee Scholarship has been developed by Florida International University for the benefit of essential workers and their dependents.
This scholarship is offered by the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University and is open to nurses, doctors, firefighters, police, grocery store employees, restaurant staff, delivery drivers, and their dependents.
- Must self-identify and verify employment as an essential employee
- Must be a new student of the following online degree programs:
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- Executive Master of Science in Hospitality Management
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management: Mega Events Specialization
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management: Real Estate Development Specialization
3. D’Youville’s Scholarship for Essential Workers
To show its “support for individuals who are doing so much and to help frontline employees grow in their professions,” Buffalo, New York-based D’Youville College has established a Scholarship for Essential Workers.
Those who are interested in applying should complete out an online email form with their name, email address, phone number, current occupation, start date, and academic field of interest.
- Must show you are a worker deemed essential during the current state of emergency and stay-at-home orders
- Must register at D’Youville as half-time or more (minimum of 6 credits per semester)
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must work with D’Youville’s Solutions Center to determine eligibility for other fed
The Essential Workers Scholarship created for essential workers as a way to say thanks for their sacrifices. Kindly share the article.