The DIA team works on attracting the brightest students in the country through internship and outreach, laying the groundwork for an agile and highly qualified workforce.
The Department of Defense is the largest government agency in the United States. With roots dating back to pre-Revolutionary War periods, their military has grown and evolved with the country.
Their purpose is to provide the armed forces required to deter war and ensure the security of the country.
The Defense Intelligence Agency is an intelligence agency and combat support agency of the United States Department of Defense, specializing in defense and military intelligence.
As a high-achieving college student from an approved U.S. institution, DIA will provide you with the opportunity to apply your degree in a real-world context while continuing your study through a range of programs and internships.
DIA Internship Benefits
Check below for more information about perks of DIA Internship
- DIA Student Programs provide you with the opportunity to obtain real work experience while collaborating with professionals in each Career Field to gain significance on-the-job experience while supporting DIA and its mission.
- DIA provides important work experience to college students of all educational levels.
- DIA seeks the best and brightest students and recent graduates to offer their knowledge and talents to our diverse workforce through a number of programs, internships, and entry-level career opportunities.
- DIA’s student internship programs allow high-achieving university and college students from approved schools across the United States to apply their degrees in real-world situations while continuing their studies, better preparing them for careers after graduation.
- The DIA delivers military intelligence to warfighters, defense policymakers, and force planners in the Department of Defense and intelligence community. We organize, supervise, and carry out intelligence activities in times of peace, crisis, and conflict.
- DIA also holds Hiring Events for our Student Programs by invitation only. Students are critical, and we encourage the development of abilities for Officers who are expressly required by the Agency.
- Interns may be placed in the Hiring Pool after successfully completing their program and receiving a satisfactory performance evaluation.
DIA collaborates closely with academic and business sector partners to find and participate in job fairs, college/university career fairs, and on-campus information sessions.