In the US, a student intern makes an average salary of $31,256 per year or $15.03 per hour. The bottom 10% of student interns in that range, or their annual salary, is about $21,000, while the top 10% earns $44,000.
Average Internship Salary
Location impacts how much a student internship can expect to make. Student interns make the most in Alaska, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Washington, and New Jersey.
If you want to make a lot of money during your internship, check out the list below, which was recently published by Glassdoor and is based on reported intern pay from the previous year:
- Facebook internships: $8,000 per month
- Microsoft internships: $7,100 per month
- ExxonMobil internships: $6,507 per month
- Salesforce internships: $6,450 per month
- Amazon internships: $6,400 per month
- Apple internships: $6,400 per month
- Bloomberg L.P. internships: $6,400 per month
- Yelp internships: $6,400 per month
- Yahoo internships: $6,080 per month
- VMware internships: $6,080 per month
- Google internships: $6,000 per month
- NVIDIA internships: $5,770 per month
- Intuit internships: $5,440 per month
- Juniper Networks internships: $5,440 per month
- Workday internships: $5,440 per month
- BlackRock internships: $5,400 per month
- Adobe internships: $5,120 per month
- MathWorks internships: $5,120 per month
- Qualcomm internships: $5,040 per month
- Capital One internships: $5,000 per month
- Chevron internships: $5,000 per month
- Accenture internships: $4,960 per month
- Deutsche Bank internships: $4,640 per month
- AIG internships: $4,616 per month
- Bank of America internships: $4,570 per month
Points to Consider
These are typical pay rates for internships. The actuals may therefore be higher in certain disciplines and lower in others.
It also explains why most of the listed employers are in the finance or technology sectors, which both have a tendency to skew high.
In places with high costs of living, salaries are greater. It is what you keep, not what you earn. The same holds true for employment following graduation.
If you wish to contrast the incomes in various cities with the cost of living there.
The benefits will eventually manifest as improved long-term profits and higher job satisfaction. Therefore, if your internship isn’t paying at this rate, don’t give up.
Kindly share this article and leave a comment below.