The intern will work alongside Senior Archaeologists in fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring and the preparation of technical reports and environmental documents.
About Archaeology Internship
ICF values qualities like collaboration, curiosity, and commitment to excellence because they define who they are and inspire others to grow. If you thrive in a fast-paced, engaging, and collaborative environment and want to collaborate with a diverse team of industry professionals,
Excellent field skills, artifact analysis, and field note and record keeping Travel for up to ten days for field sessions is possible.
ICF is currently looking for On-Call Archaeologists in the Southeast. Archaeologists currently residing in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky are preferred candidates. On-call Field Technicians, Crew Chiefs, Field Directors, and Principal Investigators are among the positions available
Find out more information about the qualifications for the internship
- A bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field is required.
- Completion of an Archaeology Field School or Internship
- Capability to effectively communicate and coordinate with ICF senior staff and construction personnel
- Computer and GPS equipment knowledge is required.
- Experience with prehistoric or historic period archaeology.
- Capability to conduct field trips throughout the Southeast
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Basic qualifications for an on-call Crew Chief/Field Director position include prior supervisory field experience in archaeological investigations.
- Basic qualifications for an on-call Principal Investigator (PI) position include a master’s degree in science.
- Anthropology/Archaeology, and at least two years of supervisory field experience in archaeological investigations and report preparation
- M.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology or a related field Southeastern experience in archaeological survey and investigation phases I, II, and III
Working at ICF entails combining a desire for meaningful work with intellectual rigor in order to address today’s most pressing issues. ICF employees are smart, compassionate, innovative, and committed to tackling unprecedented challenges for people all over the world